Friday, August 31, 2012

Chicken Sausage & Pepper Jack Frittata!

Alright y'all I'm gonna go ahead and apologize for accidentally making it breakfast week on unBearablyGood. It was an accident I swear. I've just been all about breakfast foods lately! I mean, why not- you can eat them for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, late-night snack, etc. etc. Breakfast is good ALL THE TIME. I love breakfast. If you've never made a frittata before, let me introduce you to the easiest breakfast meal of all time. Whisk all your ingredients together (which could be an endless combination of your favorite veggies, meats, and eggs), pour into a skillet, cook until the edges are browned a little, throw in the oven (obviously this has to be an oven-safe skillet), and cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve & enjoy. Combinations are endless and you could make a different frittata everyday of the week. Obviously this recipe isn't Paleo because I added cheese, if you are keeping it paleo just subtract the cheese and add some chopped veggies- I think jalapenos and tomatoes would be fab-you-lous!

I use chicken sausage in this recipe because I am currently OBSESSED with chicken sausage. Feel free to use reg. pork sausage or bacon or ground beef (you get the picture whatever meat you like, or skip the meat and keep it vegetarian). If you don't like spicy, replace pepper jack cheese with something milder like cheddar. 

Ingredients:
5 eggs
3-4 sausage links, chopped
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup milk

Step 1: Heat a skillet sprayed with non-stick spray or coated with oil on medium-high heat. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Whisk together eggs and milk until combined. Stir in sausage and cheese and pour into hot skillet.

Step 2: Let cook until the edges start to brown and it's clear the bottom is cooked. Transfer the skillet to pre-heated oven and cook 15-20 minutes or until top is browned and frittata is cooked through. ENJOY :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment