Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Salty Chihuahua!

Happy March Everybody! I love March because it means Spring is coming! I am so, so ready for my first Florida Panhandle Spring. Lounging in the sunshine, reading a good book, drinking a sweet cocktail... umm yes I'm ready. I was browsing Pinterest aimlessly the other day like I do and I came across the prettiest pink drink- attention captured immediately, and then the title- "The Salty Chihuahua". EXCUSE ME?! Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a tiny chihuahua named Bo who runs my house. He is evil and wonderful all the same time. 2.5 pounds of furry love. So I knew I would be making this drink, regardless of ingredients, it was going to happen. I followed the link to the recipe and lo and behold it was a fitness magazine (http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/recipecomdetail.jsp?recipeId=25124278) and a low calorie drink! I'm always looking for those. 
Not only is this drink beautiful, sweet, yummy, and named after a chihuahua it is ALSO under 200 calories. I think I've officially found my summer drink. Don't be scared off by the tequila, this drink is delicious. It tastes like something they bring you with a little umbrella in it :) And because of the name I had to do this...
That's my chihuahua and The Salty Chihuahua. Bo was less than thrilled about posing... 

Ingredients: (for 1 drink)
3 oz. Tequila
1.5 oz. Orange Liqueur
7.5 oz. Grapefruit Juice
If desired salt the edge of your rim with kosher salt (that's where the Salty part comes in...) Fill your cup with ice, pour all ingredients over top and mix well. Garnish with lemon, lime, or grapefruit slices!
I thought my Margaritaville cup was very fitting...
I had a lot of fun taking pictures of these drinks... can you tell?!
 And because it's his namesake, here's some gratuitous pictures of my little man: 
Posing in the leaves in Little Rock
Lounging on the beach!
Keeping warm in my hubby's hoodie
We were feeling the love on Valentine's Day!
They make the most handsome pair, don't they?! And yes that's a polo doggie shirt, and he popped his collar. He's a diva.
Cheers! Enjoy your weekend :)

 

1 comment: