Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crispy Italian potato wedges!

I have my fabulous mother in law to thank for this recipe. I'm blessed to have a mother in law who is a wonderful cook and always willing to share her recipes! I'm a lucky girl:)

 It's easy! Like super easy. And tasty. Like super tasty. The hardest part is waiting for them to finish baking because it makes the house smell phenomenal!They get crispy like they're fried, but they're baked. They're the perfect side dish.

I used red potatoes because that's what I had on hand but you can really use whatever kind of potato you want. I usually go for the smaller potatoes (red or Yukon gold) because the smaller the wedges, the crispier they get. And crispy is the name of the game here. The secret flavor ingredient is dry Italian dressing mix. This little baby:
It has all your seasoning goodness right there. Now I have previously made my own dry mix and stored it, but this is just easier and already portioned out. All you really need is olive oil, potatoes, & Italian dressing mix. I usually add whatever spices sound good to me at the moment, today it was garlic powder, paprika, & fresh ground black pepper.

Ingredients: (6 servings)
8 Medium sized red potatoes
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Package dry Italian Dressing mix
1 Tsp. Paprika
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp. Fresh ground Black Pepper
Step 1: Heat oven to 375 degrees (You can do a higher temp. for quicker cooking but you will need to keep a close eye on them to make sure they don't burn!) Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
Step 2: Cut washed potatoes in half, and then into quarters. For larger potatoes you may want to cut into eighths. The smaller the wedge the crispier they get! Make sure all wedges are cut in uniform sizes so they cook at the same time. Place wedges into a large bowl.


Step 3: Toss the wedges with the olive oil, make sure they are all coated evenly. Add Italian dressing mix and seasonings and toss to coat.
Step 4: Place in an even layer on the cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes- 1 hour, or until golden and crispy. Enjoy!

Look at that crispity- potatoey goodness! MMM!

2 comments: