Thursday, June 21, 2012

The best, easiest, frozen Margaritas :-)

So today marks a new day in our relationship, I usually bring you a recipe that will fill your tummy- today I bring you a recipe that will fill your blender with happiness. I love margaritas. LOVE. However, there is a science to making a margarita. A perfect lime to tequila ratio that should not be skewed. I love a margarita on the rocks, but if I'm making them for a crowd in the summertime I always make a frozen batch. They are perfect on a hot summer day. Or any day really. Oh, and this beauty that has been my tried & True recipe for years has only 2 ingredients. 3 if you count the ice. My mom told me last week that it's the best margarita she's ever had. Now I know that's my mother speaking so she's biased, but I've never had a single complaint- but plenty of requests for seconds.

Buyer beware: These puppies are STRONG. It may not taste strong but it is. So take it slowly (unless it's one of those nights where you really need a quick couple of margs, that's understandable just please don't drive afterwards!). And most of all: enjoy :):)


Ingredients: 
1 Can of frozen limeade
1 Can of quality tequila (the empty limeade can, filled with tequila- if you want a weaker drink do a half can. I used Patron for this batch, and that's what I recommend- but any tequila will do (I've used Cabo Wabo & Jose Cuervo with good results)--- very cheap tequila will not taste good though just a warning!)
A couple of cups of ice (Enough to fill the blender)

Step 1: Empty limeade can into blender. Fill empty can with tequila and pour into blender. Fill blender with ice. Blend until smooth. Drink. 
Blend, baby, blend!
Mmm, frozen, tequila goodness!
 Remember if you are enjoying this recipe or any of the others- hit the subscribe button to your right so you can get my recipes straight to your inbox! It will make your tummy growl and your kitchen happy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment