Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas in Sour Cream Sauce

These enchiladas are the bomb.com. Seriously. Every time I've made them they've received rave reviews, my mother says that they're like "eating in a restaurant at home". And what's so impressive about that comment is that they are the easiest dish to make! Perfect weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy, even my picky 17 year old brother. In fact my baby brother who doesn't like ANYTHING exotic, or different (hes a burger and fries kinda kid) requested these last night. Made my life.

 I first discovered this recipe at: http://joyful-mommas-kitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/white-chicken-enchiladas.html and adapted it to my taste. The enchiladas are good, but the sauce is EVERYTHING. I really think I could just eat a bowl of the sour cream sauce by itself. That sounds gross, I realize this, but you can't judge me until you try it!!

Try these, try them tonight, or tomorrow night if you must wait. They will rock your socks. Also, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked- because they come together SO quickly, and I was really hungry. So, I apologize. I will probably make them again next week and add more pictures!




 Ingredients:
8 Soft flour tortillas (mine were Fajita style
2 Cups shredded, cooked chicken
2 1/2 Cups shredded Mexican style cheese
3 Tbsp. Butter
3 Tbsp. Flour
2 Cups Chicken broth
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 4 oz. Can green chilies

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a casserole dish.
Step 2: Mix shredded chicken and 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese in a bowl. Roll up chicken and cheese mixture in tortillas and place in casserole dish, seam down.
Step 3: In a saute pan melt butter. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute. Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium until thick and bubbly. 
Step 4: Remove pan from heat and whisk in the sour cream and green chilies. Stir until combined and pour sauce over enchiladas in pan. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
Step 5: Bake for 20 minutes and then broil on high for 2 minutes to get cheese lightly browned and bubbly. Let rest for 5 minutes (if you can wait that long!) And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment