Monday, October 8, 2012

Easy Mustard Vinaigrette!

Happy Monday everyone! A new week, a new recipe. I'm really excited about this one! Have you ever made your own salad dressing? It is so, so easy- and it ends up being much cheaper & healthier than buying store-bought because you have full control over what goes in it. If you have a mason jar, or an airtight container you can make the dressing all in one container and keep it in the same container- no mess, no clean up. I told you- EASY! 
If you want a sweeter dressing, add about a tablespoon of honey- you'll have a nice honey mustard vinaigrette :)! You're going to have to bear with me on the pictures, my camera sucks. Here's the thing about those nice cameras- they're super expensive and as a military wife I don't have $600 lying around. I checked. So for the moment I'm all like:
And I'll try to describe these pictures as best as I can :) But bad pictures withstanding- you totally need this dressing in your life. It is fab-you-lous!& It keeps in an airtight container for about a week. If you're anything like me, it won't last nearly that long though ;) I could eat this on everything!

Ingredients: (Estimations- I just kinda dumped everything in the jar;))
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon spicy mustard
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Start with a clean, dry mason jar (or other airtight container) Add garlic to the jar.
Add the mustard on top of the garlic.
Add Italian seasoning.
Black pepper.
Salt.
Red wine vinegar.
Olive oil.
Put the top on the jar, make sure it's tight! And shakeeeee it up! 
Til you get something pretty like this:
And then top a fresh salad like this:

& Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :-) Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment