Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Flour-less Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Happy Wednesday everyone! You'll have to forgive me for my lack of blogging for the past week, my life is basically a massive anxiety attack right now. My husband is coming home in approximately 2-ish weeks, so I've got 2 weeks to get in gear. I've got a 14 hour road trip, packing, un-packing, settling (or trying to), and my poor puppy has bladder stones and has to have surgery tomorrow :( Please send prayers & happy thoughts for my sweet baby girl! 

So clearly, I'm stressed, and clearly I need chocolate. THESE COOKIES ARE AMAZING. You know what they taste like? Those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kiss in the middle. THOSE ARE MY FAVORITE COOKIES! But these are gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, little pieces of happiness! You need to make them. ASAP. I adapted this recipe from here: http://cupcakesomg.blogspot.ca/2012/08/paleo-chocolate-chip-cookies-and-why-im.html  

Ingredients:
1 Cup Almond Butter (or choice of nut butter)
1/4 Cup Honey
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (gluten-free, dairy-free!)
1/4 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir together the nut butter, honey, egg, baking soda, and salt until combined well.
Step 2: Gently fold chocolate chips and walnuts into batter.
Step 3: Drop rounded spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
ENJOY! :-)
You should definitely eat warm, with a glass of almond milk...
And if you have a smiley face spatula like me, it'll really brighten your day... :-)
 

2 comments: