Friday, February 15, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon!

Happy Friday everybody! Did you have a super lovely Valentine's Day?! I really think the whole day is blown out of proportion, honestly. No- I'm not one of those anti- V-Day people ranting on Facebook all day about the "Hallmark Holiday" I LOVE love. I just think it puts a lot of pressure on people. The roses and chocolate and teddy bears and expensive dinners- oh my! I just don't like it when it becomes all about the material things. Sure, when we were in high school I loved when my hubbs (boyfriend at the time!) brought me the giant teddy bear and roses so I could show off to all my of friends- because that was HIGH SCHOOL. Nowadays Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are like a High School hallway everyone showing off their goods! We went for a super low-key holiday, I told my boo I would cook him a great dinner and he should bring the champagne and chocolate (chocolate is non-negotiable!). We watched The Silver Linings Playbook which was a great movie and I cooked this:
Bacon. Wrapped. Filet. Mignon. So fancy right?! SO EASY! Seriously one of the easiest meals I've ever made, but it's so impressive! I know Valentine's Day is over, but the next time you really want to knock the socks off of your sweetheart I recommend this steak. They will think you are a gourmet chef- but you will know it was super simple. And most importantly, DELICIOUS. 

Let's talk about the filets for a minute. Picking out a good cut of meat isn't an easy task. I was super lucky and received this little package from one of my FAVE companies Certified Steak & Seafood last week:
That's filet Mignon and Chilean sea bass. Um, yum. What's so great about Certified Steak & Seafood? Here's the 411: They used to deliver exclusively to high end fancy schmancy restaurants but have recently begun shipping to regular 'ol Joes like you & I! They have high quality cuts of beef & uhhh-mazing seafood. See those cuts of fish?! GORGEOUS. Check them out at www.certifiedsteakandseafood.com and right now (valid through Feb. 28, 2013!) if you use the code FBR125D you'll get $25 off your order! Winning! I liked to follow them on their Facebook page too (https://www.facebook.com/certifiedsteak?ref=ts&fref=ts) because they're always posting discounts and contests! Alright now let's get to it...

Ingredients:
2 Filet Mignon
2 Tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Slices Bacon

Step 1: Season both sides of the filets with Montreal Steak Seasoning (or your fave steak seasoning):
Step 2: Place steaks in a gallon sized ziploc bag and add olive oil and soy sauce. Toss to coat and let marinate for at least an hour:
Step 3: Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a cast iron skillet (or a heavy bottomed skillet of choice) heat olive oil on medium- high heat:
Step 4: While oil is heating up wrap a slice of bacon around each filet and secure with a toothpick:
Step 5: Place steaks seasoned side down into hot oil, cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until you have a pretty seared steak:
Step 6: When you have seared both sides of the steak, place cast iron skillet (or transfer steaks to an oven safe pan if you are using a regular skillet) in the pre-heated oven. For a rare steak, cook about 5 minutes, for medium rare about 10 minutes, for medium-well about 15 minutes. (cooking times will depend on thickness of steaks- keep an eye on them!)
Those are my Italian roasted potatoes on the bottom rack! Perfect side dish.
Step 7: When cooked to desired done-ness, pull steaks out and let rest for about 5 minutes to redistribute the juices. Serve! Enjoy!
So fancy, but so easy- right?! And a little love collage I made because I KNOW y'all wanna see how cute my hubby and I are:
 Don't forget to check out Certified Steak & Seafood for all of your beautiful cuts of meat & fish!  



This sponsorship is brought to you by Certified Steak & Seafood Company who we have partnered with for this promotion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment