Thursday, September 6, 2012

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken!

So I told y'all the other day how much I adore crock-pot meals. I mean, pouring your ingredients in a slow cooker & letting it simmer all day to come home to a great home cooked meal that needed no supervision? Perfection. Last night was the very first NFL regular season game (Giants vs. Cowboys- I detest them BOTH but I had a player from my fantasy team playing so I was all ears) and I knew some BBQ was in order. I had a bunch of errands to run all day, so I just threw everything in the slow cooker, came home & shredded the chicken, poured a glass of wine, & by kick-off our dinner was ready to go! 
I had the pleasure of serving my baby brother & 2 of his friends who gobbled these up right away. This recipe is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser and super great for game day. They made sandwiches out of their chicken, but if you're like me & you're not eating bread just skip the bun and eat it by itself- still tastes fantastic. I did have an issue finding BBQ sauce at the grocery store that didn't contain any high fructose corn syrup (you don't want that stuff- it's nasty!) but finally found a brand "Stubb's" I believe that was all good ingredients and tasted pretty fantastic!

Ingredients: (Serves about 6)
1 (12 oz.) bottle of BBQ sauce of your choice
1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix
1 C. water
1/4 C. corn starch
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Step 1: Pour BBQ sauce, dressing mix, water, corn starch, and Worcestershire sauce into crock and whisk together until combined.
Step 2: Add chicken breasts to crock. Make sure there is enough liquid to cover chicken, you may need to add more water if there isn't enough liquid.
Step 3: Cover and cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hours or low for 6-7 hours.




Step 4: Pull chicken breasts out and shred with 2 forks and return to the crock when shredded, turn heat to low (if you had it on high heat) and cook another 30 minutes.
ENJOY!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete