Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mango-Banana Smoothie!

So sometimes I start making a recipe and I don't make sure I have all the ingredients on hand before I begin. Like today. This was supposed to be a mango-banana-coconut water smoothie, because I was really sure I had half a box of coconut water left in the fridge (spoiler alert: I didn't), so when I went to add it I was a little frustrated with myself. But then I just grabbed the almond milk, used that instead, and what was supposed to be a super light fruity smoothie came out more like a thick, fruity, milkshake. I don't mind that kind of mistake one single bit. I like milkshakes. I'll use the coconut water- smoothie idea and show y'all that one another day but today is still a mango-banana smoothie day. 
Why mangoes? Because I got a really good deal on them. $1 a piece at Winn-Dixie right now. I really like mangoes, but I'm usually too cheap to buy them. But a dollar makes me holler honey boo boo! OMG, I just said that. I apologize. Moving on, the mangoes give this smoothie a tropical feel. Perfect for enjoying on your back porch (or maybe just looking out the window). ENJOY!

Ingredients:
1 Mango, chopped (Don't know how to cut up a mango? Cool, neither did I- look here:  http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_cut_a_mango/)
1 banana, peeled and chopped
3/4 C. almond milk (or choice of milk)
Step 1: Add all your ingredients to the blender.
Step 2: Whirrrrr until smooth and combined!
Step 3: Enjoy with a pretty view!
Ooooh look, Dixie made the bottom of the picture:-)


2 comments:

  1. This is so UNBELIEVABLY good and yummy! Made it this morning for breakfast and my son wishes to have it everyday!!!! We used frozen mango and made it super thick! Ours is more a paleo version with almond milk (unsweetened) Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm sorry just got out of the gym, a bit of gym brain sorry..... this was already paleo hahahahahha I need a nap, thank you again!

    ReplyDelete