Sunday, August 26, 2012

7-Up Biscuits

Looking for the perfect biscuit recipe can be frustrating. Most of the time it seems (at least to me) that the best biscuits come from one of those cans. These do not come from a can, and like Gwen Stefani would say they are "b-a-n-a-n-a-s!" They taste almost identical to those light flaky biscuits from that one Cajun fried chicken place (you know, Louisiana Fast!) Seriously, identical. They are without a doubt the best biscuits I've ever made.
With just 3 ingredients (4 if you count the butter in the pan) they come together in no time at all and make a perfect complement to your dinner or breakfast! I got this recipe from Steph over at Plain Chicken: http://www.plainchicken.com/2010/04/7up-biscuits.html and I am soooo glad I did. This will be my new go-to biscuit recipe :) 

Ingredients: 
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up (I used Diet because that's what I had.. worked great!)
1/4 cup melted butter

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium sized mixing bowl cut sour cream into Bisquick and combine until crumbly.
Step 2: Add 7-up to bowl and stir until a light dough ball forms.
Step 3: Cover the counter top with some baking mix and place your dough on top of the counter.
Step 4: Roll dough over in baking mix until it's workable (it'll be a little sticky at first) pat it out flat.
Step 5: Use a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut biscuits out of dough. I couldn't find a biscuit cutter so I used a coffee cup sprayed with non-stick spray :-D
Step 6: Pour melted butter into a 9x13 pan and add biscuits.
Step 7: Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
As you can see, mine got really big! Next time I will cut them out into smaller sized biscuits before baking. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment