Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cheddar Garlic Biscuits!

So I'm not a huge fan of that one seafood restaurant, you know which one I'm talking about-- the one with the crustacean mascot. BUT they have those super good cheesy garlic biscuits. I've been long trying to find the perfect cheesy garlic biscuit recipe and THIS recipe is the very, very closest I've attained. These biscuits are craaazy good. Super-de-duper-de goooooooooood! They're good with breakfast (or brunch!) and they're really good with dinner. Heck, serve these with ANY meal and you'll be adored. On board yet? They're also too darn easy and come together in a total of about 15 minutes.

I adapted this recipe from http://www.saltnturmeric.com/2008/11/cheesy-garlic-biscuits.html. I've tried recipes with flour bases and recipes with Bisquick bases, I have to say the Bisquick is sincerely what makes these so fab. I use the "HeartSmart" Bisquick because there's no nasty high fructose corn syrup- recommend it!

Ingredients: {Makes about 12 biscuits}
1 1/2 C. Bisquick baking mix
1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C. milk
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
3/4 tsp. garlic powder

Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir together the Bisquick, cheese, and milk until they form a ball of dough. 

Step 2: Drop same-sized spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet or baking dish, bake for 10 minutes.

Step 3: Melt butter, whisk together Italian seasoning, garlic powder and melted butter.

Step 4: Brush tops of biscuits with butter mixture, I of course couldn't find a pastry brush so I just spooned mine on top :-)

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment