Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Incredible Healthy Ranch Dressing!

What if I told you that the following ranch dressing recipe has 152 calories, in the entire 1 1/2 cup mixture. Yes, you could eat this entire recipe and only be down 152 calories. Now, I've never seen anyone eat that much ranch dressing before, so I'm going to assume you'll just have a couple tablespoons at a time. You know what that'll cost you? About 6 calories per tablespoon. Say whaaaaaat?! Yeah, the bottle of Kraft Ranch Dressing I have in my fridge clocks in at 60 calories per tablespoon, and nobody uses just 1 tablespoon. Let's call this a win for all mankind. At least all mankind that enjoys ranch dressing.

I recommend you eat this with your salad, veggies, meats, these: Buffalo Chicken Bites!, these: Oven Baked "Fried" Chicken Tenders, definitely these: Crispy Italian Potato Wedges, and pretty much everything else in your fridge. Get the point? It's freaking fantastic. OH and did I mention the recipe contains 23 grams of protein? So I don't know how I could NOT have sold you on this perfection of dressing kind, I mean unless you don't like ranch and then I can't really help you at the moment. Well maybe you could try an Italian dressing packet and make like a creamy Italian dressing? OMG that sounds good. Trying it next, I'll report my findings... 


Ingredients:
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Packet Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix
1/2 C. Plain Almond Milk (I use almond milk because I don't drink dairy milk, and I HIGHLY recommend you try almond milk- it's lower calorie, higher in calcium, and several vitamins. And it's delicious, I promise! However you can use dairy milk if you must, but the calorie count will be a bit higher)


Whisk together the yogurt, dressing mix, and milk.

Transfer to an airtight container and let sit in the fridge for about an hour to thicken up. ENJOY! :-)
Yes, I used one of those beverage shaker thingies to store my dressing, I wanted to be able to pour it out easily! Any airtight vessel will do though :-)
Note: This dressing will come out thin like a traditional salad dressing. If you want a thicker, dip-type ranch, cut down the milk- I'd start with 1/8-1/4 cup and add more if needed :-)

  Remember if you are enjoying this recipe or any of the others- hit the subscribe button to your right so you can get my recipes straight to your inbox! It will make your tummy growl and your kitchen happy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment