Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Spinach- Mozzarella Chicken

This is another adventure in me reinventing weeknight chicken dishes. Easy, beautiful, DELICIOUS, weeknight chicken. Serve with some veggies (those frozen ones that steam in the bag are so easy, toss with olive oil & balsamic vinegar and you're donezo) and you've got dinner on the table in no time at all. A healthy, simple dinner that doesn't hold back on any flavor.

I have stated on this blog before that I'm not spinach's biggest fan. I have found, however that sauteed spinach is quite flavorful, and even more so topped with melty mozzarella cheese :) TRY IT. Another great green to try in place of the spinach is kale. These dark leafy greens bring the nutrition. I do use the bottled 30 minute marinade here- feel free to make your own, I use bottled because this is a weeknight meal and I cut a few corners to make it quick and easy.

Ingredients: (6 servings)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
30 minute marinade (I used teriyaki)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2-3 cups of baby spinach
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese



Step 1: Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes in the marinade. I marinate mine in a gallon sized ziploc bag- one day I will write an entire post as an ode to my love of gallon sized ziplocs... I use them for EVERYTHING.

 
Step 2: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook 4-5 minutes per side.
 Step 3: Transfer chicken breasts to a glass baking dish. Turn heat on skillet down to medium.
Step 4: Add the other Tbsp. of olive oil to the skillet and add spinach. Toss in oil until it's wilted.
It will look like A LOT at first, but spinach cooks down QUICKLY!
Step 5: When the spinach cooks down, turn off the heat and season with the garlic powder and black pepper. Stir to combine.
Step 6: Top chicken breasts with sauteed spinach.
Step 7: Top spinach with a couple of Tbsp.s of shredded cheese.
Step 8: Cook in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melty & bubbly and the chicken is cooked through.
Pretty, right? And pretty easy. :-) Enjoy!

 Remember if you are enjoying this recipe or any of the others- hit the subscribe button to your right so you can get my recipes straight to your inbox! It will make your tummy growl and your kitchen happy! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog from a pinterest pin...I'm lovin' it!! Thanks for sharing all these great recipes and ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love new friends :) Thanks for checking me out I hope you enjoy my recipes!

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy & easy! THink I'll make & share linkback on my site soon! Thnaks for sharing!

    Melly
    www.prettysimplegreat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Melly! It is super simple, and super tasty. Hope you enjoy :-) Can't wait to hear about it!

      Delete